Sökning: "conflict-related sexual violence"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 39 uppsatser innehållade orden conflict-related sexual violence.
1. A LANGUAGE THAT MATTERS – Viewing the Women, Peace and Security agenda through an intersectional lensMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyse how the Women, Peace and Security agenda is intersectional in its approach to women. This study contributes to previous research regarding gendered security and peace and conflict studies. LÄS MER
2. How much is (not) enough? : A Study of the Effect of Power-sharing Provisions on post-treaty Conflict-Related Sexual Violence by Rebel Groups in sub-Sahara AfricaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies why some non-state armed groups commit high levels of post-treaty conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) while others do not. The presented mechanism suggests that limited power-sharing provisions in a peace accord provide few incentives for group leaders to stay committed to the peace process. LÄS MER
3. A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND? : A Quantitative Study on The Effect of Diamond Extortion on Sexual ViolenceKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Sexual violence has been a considered tragic yet inevitable part of most armed conflicts throughout history. Various connections have been made between natural resources and conflict-related sexual violence and this paper aims to explore this relationship further. LÄS MER
4. Perceptions of sexual violence: A discourse analysis of documents from the Peace and Security Council of the African Union 2010-2020Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis dives into the issue of conflict-related sexual violence through the empirical case of the African Union and its Peace and Security Council (PSC), aiming at understanding how conflict-related sexual violence is constructed within the PSC between 2010-2020. Applying a feminist power theory and through a discourse analysis, the thesis asks four open-ended questions regarding: conflicts, perpetrators, victims and solutions to the materials consisting of meeting documents from the PSC. LÄS MER
5. FOREIGN FIGHTERS - A PREDICTOR OF CONFLICT-RELATED SEXUAL VIOLENCE? : A quantitative study on how foreign fighters impact the occurrence of conflict-related sexual violence perpetrated by rebel groupsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Why do some rebel groups perpetrate conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) while others do not? A growing body of research has suggested various explanations, but offers no consensus regarding this puzzling question. At the same time, recent studies have recognized how foreign fighters impact rebel groups’ violence against civilians. LÄS MER