Sökning: "cult worship"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden cult worship.
1. Vestiges of Roman Cult Religion and Household Deities in the Northern Barbaricum: A study of statuettes and other anthropomorphic figures from Barbaricum, Britannia Superior and the Roman heartlandsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : This text serves as a fresh approach to the study of Roman influence on the Scandinavian region. This is achieved through the medium of various bronze statuettes, both from the Roman Empire itself as well as in the form of locally-produced anthropomorphic figures. LÄS MER
2. VIDEOS OF WORSHIP. A multimodal critical discourse analysis of Xi Jinping’s ideology and its recontextualisation in propagandistic music videosMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : År 2012 och 2013 tog Xi Jinping över ledarrollerna för Kinas Kommunistparti, den CentralaMilitärkommissionen och Folkrepubliken Kina. Detta maktskifte påbörjade en centraliseringav den makt som sedan Deng Xiaopings tid hade delats av det översta ledarskiktet. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antikens kultur
Sammanfattning : This paper discusses the approximately twenty Middle Iron Age hillforts located in Östra and Västra Rekarne härad in Södermanland. "Härad", an administrative division, is likely to be derived from the earlier hundred division, which was based on equipping and manning ships at a time when society was hierarchical and the elite, through travel, had contact with the Roman Empire, inspiring new gods (such as Thor and Odin) to worship. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : This paper attempts to trace the journey of Adonis from ancient Mesopotamia, through Phoenicia and finally to Greece, and to see how his function and cult have evolved during this migration. It starts with a short summary of previous research regarding Adonis and goes on to describe the myths and the rites of Adonis as they were celebrated in Alexandria, Byblos and Athens. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialantropologi
Sammanfattning : The thesis examines two emergent religiosities which flourish among university students and young professionals connected with the private media field in Beijing. One case group consists of young successful professionals from the field of private media who have started to worship a living Buddha of the Vajrayana school. LÄS MER