Sökning: "cultural capital"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 516 uppsatser innehållade orden cultural capital.
1. SOCIO-ECONOMIC BACKGROUND, ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CAREER CHOICES OF GREEK YOUNG ADULTS. A MIXED METHODS STUDYMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och specialpedagogik
Sammanfattning : Aim:The main purpose of this study is to determine the role of socio-economic background (SEB) of young adults, who live in a medium size city of Greece (Ioannina), in shaping their academic performance at school and their career choices afterwards.Theory:The project is based on the cultural theory or theory of reproduction from the French sociologist Pierre Bourdieu. LÄS MER
2. Vit, vacker, värdefull:en kvalitativ studie av vithetsideal och dess betydelse på Bali, Indonesien.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Using interviews and observations, this qualitative study examines the value of bright and white skin in Bali, Indonesia, and how this correlates to social and economic status. The study uses a postcolonial framework to discuss the topic, but it also shows the need for a more contextual understanding of the phenomenon. LÄS MER
3. The creative spark : A qualitative analysis of students’ pathways to preparatory art schools using Bourdieusian conceptsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik, didaktik och utbildningsstudier
Sammanfattning : This qualitative study focuses on trajectories leading to preparatory art schools. It departs from in-depth interviews of considerable length with a small number (9) of students in preparatory art schools in Stockholm. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för etnologi
Sammanfattning : The following paper aims to examine and discuss the gig-economy and the workers that I call “giggare” from a cultural analysis-perspective. In this essay I hope to answer these three questions: In what way does labour operate in a material and technological aspect? How does flexibility shape the work and the worker? And how is the body of the worker visible in the labour? The study is based on the ethnographic material I collected during my fieldwork in Skåne in October of 2019. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, I have analyzed and problematized the discourse surrounding And Then We Danced (2019) dir. Levan Akin, by analyzing the film itself by using concepts from Pierre Bourdieu, and investigating what role the film has played in the call for action regarding LGBTQ+ rights in Georgia. LÄS MER