Sökning: "decolonial knowledges"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden decolonial knowledges.
1. EDUCATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN SÁPMI An interview study with Sámi education professionals addressing the challenges and opportunities for respecting cultural diversity in educationMaster-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : In connection to global ESD discourse concerning the need for education to respect cultural diversity, the aim of this study is to investigate challenges and opportunities encountered by Sámi education professionals regarding the implementation of Sámi education in Sápmi. To meet this purpose, the study addresses the following research questions:How do Sámi education professionals describe:i) culturally appropriate and locally relevant education in Sápmi?ii) challenges and opportunities for implementing culturally appropriate and locally relevant education in Sápmi? To analyze the empirical material obtained through semi-structured interviews, a theoretical framework grounded in decolonial theory, using the concept of epistemic justice and critical place-based pedagogy, is applied. LÄS MER
2. Decolonial Resistance in Agriculture: The Role of Spirituality in the Work of Food Sovereignty Organizations in MexicoKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Recent decades have exposed the crisis inherent in the globalized agriculture system characterized by nature commodification, trade liberalization, corporatization and environmental destruction. The crisis is driven by a colonial and neoliberal-capitalist ideology grounded in the supposed universality of western knowledge. LÄS MER
3. Sustainable life, not sustainable development - “Other” epistemologies in sanitation policy in Rural Brazil : The case of Brazil’s National Program for Rural SanitationMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : Despite decades of global efforts to provide the whole of the world’s population with appropriated water and sanitation, these remain one of the biggest challenges of our time, with the gap being even greater in rural areas. Commonly dominated by technological and managerialist solutions, the field of water and sanitation have been subject, since its origins, to rationalities grounded in western knowledge. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis scrutinizes the possibilities for a connection of Degrowth and Ubuntu within a transition discourse, thereby promoting the validity of pluriversal knowledges. It presents and compares the two philosophies, brings arguments for a connection and discusses possible benefits. LÄS MER
5. FIGHTING FOR EXISTENCE : Exposing, questioning and moving beyond colonial practices within the Swedishplanning framework for mining establishments.Magister-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to centre three people’s stories, their experiences and un- derstandings of the Swedish planning framework for mining establishments. The sto- ries centred are from Sami people whom in different ways analyses, questions, chal- lenges and changes the diverse expressions of colonialism, racism and capitalism within this framework. LÄS MER