Sökning: "degraded land"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 uppsatser innehållade orden degraded land.
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre
Sammanfattning : Anthropogenic-induced land-use and land-cover change is a threat to biodiversity and ecosystem services, and contribute to global climate warming. Forests are essential in the climate system and store a large part of the global carbon. LÄS MER
2. Vegetation history and human-environment interactions through the late Holocene in Konar Sandal, Kerman, SE IranMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : The Jiroft valley, in southeastern Iran, was an important agricultural centre since the Early Bronze Age (3rd millennium BCE). The valley is characterized by harsh environmental settings: hot climate with poor rainfall. However, more optimal conditions may have prevailed earlier that supported ancient settlements. LÄS MER
3. What is the Wonder? An ethnography of 'rewilding' at the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : ‘Rewilding’, or the return of degraded lands to a state of ‘wilderness’, is a bold attempt to resolve the world’s ecological challenges. It however does not address the division between nature and society, which lies at the core of the issues. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The growth in global population and the unsustainable business as usual model adopted by private companies in managing land, are causing huge pressures on Indonesian natural ecosystems. The widespread peatland deforestation and degradation affecting Indonesia has been the leading cause of biodiversity loss, decrease of vital ecosystem services, land subsidence, fires and increased impoverishment of local communities. LÄS MER
5. Spatial assessment of NDVI as an indicator of desertification in Ethiopia using remote sensing and GISMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Desertification is a serious environmental and socio-economic problem occurring at global, regional and local scale. According to Article 1(a) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), define the term “desertification” means “land degradation in arid, semi-arid and dry sub-humid (dry lands) areas resulting from various factors, including climatic variations and human activities”. LÄS MER