Sökning: "democratic deficit"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 78 uppsatser innehållade orden democratic deficit.
1. An arena for effective opposition? : A systematic investigation into political opposition in the European ParliamentMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union is suffering from a legitimacy crisis, which thus far has culminated with Great Britain’s decision to exit the union. According to the ‘opposition deficit thesis’, this is caused as there is no arena in which effective opposition can be voiced in the European Union, which forces EU citizens to organise their opposition outside the political system, and often against it. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Institutionen för Urbana Studier (US)
Sammanfattning : For the first time in history, more people in the world live in urban areas than in rural areas. Almost half of this world urban population now live in metropolitan areas, which are becoming central spaces of world economic and social activity, and where major global challenges happen and should be tackled. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Tightly knit to the debate about a democratic deficit to the European Union (EU) is that of a communication deficit, meaning that the legitimacy a political entity gain through the communicative processes that ensure insight into politics is flawed. Ideas on how to overcome the communication deficit often revolve around transnationalizing communication between Member States or improving the communicative performance of EU institutions. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : International investment agreements largely cover today’s transnational investments. These agreements confer certain substantive rights to foreign investors while simultaneously obliging host-states to act in a given manner so as to not interfere with the investments. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study examines young Swedes’ support for democracy. Previous research suggests that many young people in Sweden are sceptical about the democratic governance as well as with democracy itself. However, there is a lack of qualitative studies within the subject - leaving the research field consisting of limited questionnaires. LÄS MER