Sökning: "disaster area"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 93 uppsatser innehållade orden disaster area.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Urban fires, particularly in informal settlements in rapidly urbanizing cities in the developing world, are an “everyday disaster” that oftentimes goes unnoticed or under-served in the face of disturbances of the more “lethal reputation”. These disturbances of normal existence are arguably the most debilitating to vulnerable communities and sustainable development, and yet get little attention in disaster literature or in practice. LÄS MER
12. Media construction of suffering : Nepalese print media role in representing suffering of earthquake victimsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In crisis, media plays an important role in connecting people, communicating information and assisting with potential new dimensions, designs and approach. Media representation holds key for ongoing rescue program and upcoming rebuilding program, especially in developing countries where no one knows when the real impact of disaster will come to an end. LÄS MER
13. A Room for WaterMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Floods are the most frequent hazard that affects around 2.3 billion people each year. This natural disaster can occur in every continent and human activity has been contributing to the increasing adverse impacts of flood events. This urban design proposal explores the possibilities of creating a sustainable area that can work alongside floods. LÄS MER
14. Planning support for reducing risks related to flooding : A case study of flood response in Kista residential area and Igelbäcken stream, SwedenMaster-uppsats, KTH/Mark- och vattenteknik (flyttat 20130630)
Sammanfattning : Flooding has been identified as the most widespread and most frequently occurring natural disaster by the United Nation. Sweden is no exception when it comes to being affected by flooding, and several major flood events have been seen in recent years. LÄS MER
15. The role of the private sector in preparing for humanitarian operations - A multiple-case study including DP-DHL, MasterCard and CiscoMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet; Lunds universitet/Riskhantering (CI)
Sammanfattning : There are many actors included in the humanitarian system, such as NGOs, UN humanitarian agencies and governments. However, a gap in the humanitarian system can be identified where the traditional actors lack resources, which provides an opportunity for the private sector to be more involved, particularly in preparing for humanitarian operations. LÄS MER