Sökning: "disaster area"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 93 uppsatser innehållade orden disaster area.
16. Consequences of a flood in Kristianstad, Sweden : a GIS-based analysis of impacts on important societal functionsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : According to a recent report from the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, the city of Kristianstad is considered as one of the most vulnerable in Sweden regarding consequences of a flood. Being protected by a barrier system, a failure would most likely have serious impact on the city. LÄS MER
17. Climate change impacts on water resources of the Ganges : Suitable adaptation options for agriculture in the Indian-Himalayan regionMaster-uppsats, KTH/Industriell ekologi
Sammanfattning : Climate change is affecting several environmental factors and together with socio-economic changes put high pressure on water resources. Climate change manifest itself through increasing temperatures and changes in precipitation patterns and intensities, with knock-on effects on hydrologically-relevant parameters such as water flows, evapotranspiration rates, glacial melt etcetera, all of which have already been observed in the recent past and are predicted to continue in the future. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet; Lunds universitet/Riskhantering (CI)
Sammanfattning : The Philippines are constantly challenged by the forces of nature. Typhoons make landfall on a yearly basis, making the island of Samar a disaster-prone area. This qualitative field study examines the risk perception of inhabitants and why they do live in this high-risk area. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för teknikvetenskap (SCI); KTH/Skolan för teknikvetenskap (SCI)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this report is to design a transport aircraft capable of carrying supplies for 5 000 people, to last for a week, from anywhere in Europe to the equator. The design process is to be based on existing procedures that are being used by the aviation industries. LÄS MER
20. Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems for Flood Risk Mapping and Near Real-time Flooding Extent Assessment in the Greater Accra Metropolitan AreaMaster-uppsats, KTH/Geoinformatik
Sammanfattning : Disasters, whether natural or man-made have become an issue of mounting concern all over the world. Natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, cyclones, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions are yearly phenomena that have devastating effect on infrastructure and property and in most cases, results in the loss of human life. LÄS MER