Sökning: "disaster area"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 93 uppsatser innehållade orden disaster area.
- M1-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk logistik
Sammanfattning : Distribution and warehousing networks of Humanitarian Organizations has proven to be an area where cost reductions and shortened lead times can be achieved. Humanitarian organizations have also started pre-positioning goods in anticipation of disasters as a way to improve their disaster preparedness. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Riskhantering (CI)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this case study was to investigate residents’ perception regarding household preparedness in areas prone to sudden natural hazards. The study was conducted in Namacu, Koro Island, Fiji. The main method for data collection was through semi-structured interviews and observations. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : This paper investigates the availability heuristic which inflates manager's perception of liquidity risk attributing to earthquake strikes. Employing the financial reporting data of Chinese listed firms, I estimate a fixed-effect model of severe earthquake events and corporate cash holding as the proxy for a firm's self-insurance coverage. LÄS MER
9. ”Human uses carefully managed” : A critical discourse analysis of the Chagos Marine Protected AreaKandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : The large marine protected area (MPA) declared in 2010 around the Chagos Archipelago, also known as the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), has led to a conflict in the thick of environmental protection, colonialism, sovereignty claims, and the human rights dispute of the Chagossian people that once were exiled from the islands in the 1970s. By applying a Foucauldian inspired critical discourse analysis, this study interprets and examines how the nature/human relationship was portrayed during and after the creation of the Chagos MPA. LÄS MER
10. Developing Data Extraction and Dynamic Data Visualization (Styling) Modules for Web GIS Risk Assessment System (WGRAS)Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Interactive web-GIS tools play an important role in determining disaster risk assessment which ultimately result in reduction of unexpected damages, cost and saves millions of lives. Disaster management practitioners largely benefited information at their disposal about location where possible incidents are eminent, anticipate the impact and project possible outcomes to help mitigate and organize proper response. LÄS MER