Sökning: "disease modeling"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 24 uppsatser innehållade orden disease modeling.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för astronomi och teoretisk fysik; Lunds universitet/Beräkningsbiologi och biologisk fysik
Sammanfattning : Scientists are now able to directly convert one somatic cell type into another using a procedure known as direct lineage reprogramming or transdifferentiation. In this procedure, transcription factors which are important for initiating a rewriting of the gene expressions are introduced in the cell. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Avdelningen för beräkningsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Mathematical and computational epidemiological models are important tools in efforts to combat the spread of infectious diseases. The models can be used to predict further progression of an epidemic and for assessing potential countermeasures to control disease spread. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Teknisk informationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This work is rooted in a need for dermatologists to explore skin characteristicsin depth. The inuence of skin disease such as acne in dermal tissues is stilla complex task to assess. Among the possibilities, high frequency ultrasoundimaging is a paradigm shift to probe and characterizes upper and deep dermis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Biomedicinsk teknik
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases, affecting the heart and blood vessels, are the most common cause of death globally. However, the risk of suffering from a cardiovascular disease could decrease significantly as research improve treatment and identification of symptoms. LÄS MER
5. Evaluation of the Cost-Effectiveness of Novel Tests in the Screening and Diagnostic Phases of Prostate Cancer Compared to Current PracticeMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Biomedicinsk teknik
Sammanfattning : Introduction: There are major limitations in the current methods for screening and diagnosis of prostate cancer. In this project, the implementation of new tests has been researched. The assessed tests in the screening phase are the 4Kscore, Prostate Health Index (PHI), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Prostarix. LÄS MER