Sökning: "durable peace"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden durable peace.
1. Kvinnors deltagande och hållbar fred En kvantitativ studie av betydelsen av gender sensitive provisions i fredsavtal och hållbar fredKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Women’s participation in peace processes is meaningful in order to bring about a durable peace. Previous research shows that peace agreements signed by women have a higher implementation rate than peace agreements signed by only men. LÄS MER
2. Durable Solutions, Durable Peace? : Assessing the Impact of Peace Agreement Provisions Regarding Forced Displacement on the Durability of PeaceMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This paper investigates the relationship between the level of implementation of peace agreement provisions regarding forced displacement and the durability of peace in a country. Based on the assumption that implementation creates durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced persons, I argue that the attainment of durable solutions enables displaced populations to contribute to peacebuilding in different ways, for example by encouraging economic activity or promoting transitional justice. LÄS MER
3. Peacebuilding Actors And Gender Equality: a Positive Relationship? : Analysing the role of peacebuilding actors in challenging power structures and defeating gender inequality in Liberia and RwandaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The inclusion of gender equality in the guiding principles of peacebuilding operations led by the United Nations raises questions of effectivity. Indeed, while the commitment of the international community to gender equality is well defined and the importance of gender equality for durable peace has been widely demonstrated, there is no consistent research on the effects of the interventions of peacebuilding actors on dimensions of gender equality. LÄS MER
4. Inclusion, influence and increased durability of peace : Civil society organizations in peace negotiationsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to investigate why inclusion of civil society actors in peace processes leads to more durable peace in some cases while not in others. It argues that the influence, rather than inclusion, of civil society organizations (CSOs) explains this variation. LÄS MER
5. In the Pursuit of Ending Cycles of Violence: An Exploration into the Critical Role Local Agency plays for Women PeacebuildersMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Peacebuilding projects continue to fall short in reaching their full potential. In order to find more effective approaches to ending cycles of violence locally driven peacebuilding projects are become increasingly popular. LÄS MER