Sökning: "electoral success"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 uppsatser innehållade orden electoral success.
1. POPULISM AND POLITICIZATION OF THE BUREACRACY An empirical analysis of the effect of populist rule in Europe and Latin AmericaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Do populist rule lead to more politicization? As populists have had electoral success in many countries in recent years, populism has received much attention both in the public debate an in political science. One aspect of the concept, how populists act once in power and how they relate to the state bureaucracy has however, so far, received only little attention. LÄS MER
2. STRATEGIC POSITION CHANGE AND ELECTORAL SUCCESS A quantitative study on the consequences of political position change in SwedenKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : As new parties emerge in the European political landscape, they force existing parties to reconsider old issues and position themselves on new ones. This research paper analyzes the relationship between electoral support and political parties’ position change in two dimensions. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of the thesis is to examine whether there is a connection between how established parties – mainstream parties – act towards right-wing niche parties and the immigration-issue, and the niche parties electoral success. The objects of study are the Swedish Democrats and the Danish People’s Party over two given elections. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This essay will explain the electoral success of radical right parties in thirteen Western European countries over time. Based on a theory of convergence and polarization as a recent for the upsurge of radical right partiers. LÄS MER
5. Reflections on the Ideological Evolution of the Sweden Democrats party : A Qualitative Analysis of party programs over timeKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : In 2018, the Sweden Democrats party has gained 17.5 per cent of the votes during the Swedish general elections. Consequently, with this success, they became the third largest party in the riksdag. LÄS MER