Sökning: "environmental activism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 uppsatser innehållade orden environmental activism.
1. CONSTRUCTING SAFE SPACES The potential of performing feminist critical utopia analyzed through zine-makingMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Safe spaces are constructed to offer a space of acceptance to an otherwise marginalized or vulnerable group. This thesis explores the connections between safe spaces and feminist (critical) utopianism through their inherent paradoxality. While safe spaces attempt to make people feel included, they often function through the exclusion of others. LÄS MER
2. #Makesmthng – consume less, make more : political consumption and sustainable lifestyle on Instagram, a case study of a Greenpeace campaignMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Buying less and making instead - through upcycling, creating and repairing things - is the motto of the Instagram account make smthng, a Greenpeace campaign focussing on political consumption to deal with the environmental crisis we are in today. With climate change being one of the most pressing issues of our time, finding effective ways of communicating a more sustainable lifestyle is a very important research area in media and communication studies. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap; Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Hysing & Olsson published a paper in 2011 revealing that 23% of all Swedish municipalities had a green inside activists (a form of public official) residing within them. Our paper aims to highlight the activity of this specific brand of public officials which many know little about. LÄS MER
4. ‘Hot Planet, Cool Athletes’: A Case Study of Protect Our Winters and the Role of Ski Activism in Combating Climate ChangeMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Despite the high vulnerability of alpine environments to climate change, adaptation and mitigation within the winter sport industry have only recently received consideration. However, the focus has been mainly on the adaptation measures of the ski resort operators (supply side), not taking into consideration other actors (demand side) or attempts aiming for a sustainable form of winter tourism. LÄS MER
5. Utan folkmakt, ingen framtid: En ideologianalytisk studie av Hans Palmstiernas miljöpolitiska texterKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för idé- och lärdomshistoria
Sammanfattning : Hans Palmstierna was a biochemist and writer on environmental issues who became the foremost public voice of the early environmental movement in Sweden during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The books he authored warning of escalating environmental concerns became bestsellers, and he wrote a large number of articles on matters of scientific progress, energy politics and pollution in Swedish newspapers from 1965 until his death in 1975. LÄS MER