Sökning: "environmental change"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2946 uppsatser innehållade orden environmental change.
1. Conflict over territory and maritime routes in the arctic. The case of potential conflict between the US and Russia over resources in the arctic ocean.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Because of climate change, ice on the arctic ocean has been melting at a rapid paste. This environmental change in the arctic made access to the region much easier than ever before. LÄS MER
2. The environment of conflict. A quantitative analysis of the link between water scarcity, non-state conflict and the quality of government in AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Environmental security has been diligently examined in previous research on both subnational and multinational levels and have not found consensus on the contributing factors for why and how environmental conflict occurs. This thesis aims to contribute to this strand of research, more specifically asking if water scarcities effect the number of non- state conflicts in Africa, depending on the quality of governments. LÄS MER
3. Polarization in sustainability? The explanatory power of concern and left-right placement on environmentally significant behaviors among SwedesKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Environmentally significant behavior is becoming an increasingly relevant topic in environmentally focused research, which aims to explain why people adopt these behaviors and thus understand how sustainability can be promoted. A long-held perception of environmental behavior is that it is more commonly occurring among “leftists” because they have been shown to exhibit higher levels of environmental concern. LÄS MER
4. Medvetenheten om klimatfrågan bland elever i gymnasieskolan och vuxenutbildningen : En empirisk pilotstudieUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå,
Sammanfattning : The purpose is to study, in a pilot survey, the consciousness of climate change among pupils in secondary school and in adult education. These are the research questions: - What consciousness of climate change do the pupils have? - What are the differences in respect of climate change consciousness between men and women, pupils in adult education and in upper secondary school and pupils in pre-university programmes and in vocational programmes? ”Climate Change Consciousness” is constructed as a concept consisting of ecological, social and economic dimension as well as the components knowledge, attitudes and behaviour. LÄS MER
5. Massbalans av salt, kväve och fosfor i Dynestadsjön : En pilotstudie innefattande flödesmätningar och modelleringMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Dynestadsjön in Gamleby, Västervik municipality, has a history of collapses due to lack ofoxygen and high levels of salt and nitrogen and phosphorus. The high levels of nutrients havegiven rise to deteriorating living conditions for aquatic organisms, at the times when a collapsehas occurred, the upper water layer has become oxygen-free, which has led to a large part oflife in the water being lost. LÄS MER