Sökning: "environmental justice"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 139 uppsatser innehållade orden environmental justice.
1. Climate change and human trafficking: an investigation into how climate change and natural disasters increase the risk of human trafficking and how it can be intercepted in the futureMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Human trafficking is an exploitative crime occurring worldwide. According to the International Organization on Migration (IOM), research on human trafficking’s underlying causes is lacking; particularly the role of climate change and natural disasters. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : Previous research of environmental groups and social movements underline the potential of alliances between groups to increase their aggregate impact. Through a case study of a cooperation between the climate action group Code Rood and the environmental interest organization Groninger Bodem Beweging, the thesis examines cooperation between the European movement for climate justice and locally based environmental groups. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi; Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Growing issues such as climate crises, social injustice and neglection of basic human rights have created a new type of consumption, namely ethical consumption. Ethical consumption was initially mainly concerned for environmental issues but has in later years starting to include a variety of pressing issues. LÄS MER
4. Sustained Asymmetries: Norrland and sustainable development as envisioned by the ecological modernization and environmental justice discoursesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The gap between rural and urban is widening in ways that reward urban lifestyles and undermine the interests of rural communities. The asymmetrical power relation between rural and urban is relevant in a Swedish context where Norrland, Sweden's northernmost region, is experiencing outmigration and cutbacks in welfare services all the while urban centers in southern Sweden attract innovation, economic capital and an inflow of young, educated people. LÄS MER
5. Many pathways to sustainability? A critical analysis of sustainable development narratives in the UNEP Global Environmental Outlook seriesMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Sustainable development has become a leading term in global environmental policy and aims to integrate social, economic and environmental goals in development. However, it is a term that is also much debated, as it does not clearly define what sustainability is and how to get there. LÄS MER