Sökning: "ethnic divisions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden ethnic divisions.
1. "Un-masking the Mask-Issue". Examining People´s Meaning-Making Processes and Risk-Cultural Norms regarding Facemasks.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : While most of the world quickly came to terms with covering their noses and mouths in crowded places, people in Sweden have mostly gone without, riding buses and metros, shopping for groceries, and going to school maskless, with only a few rare souls have covered up (Novus, 2021). Officials from the Swedish Public Health Authority (PHA) have repeatedly argued that masks are not effective enough at limiting the spread of the virus to warrant mass use, insisting it is more important to respect social distancing and handwashing recommendations. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation; Jönköping University/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Ever since Kosovo’s declared Independence in 2008, the nation has opted for a multi-ethnic approach by adopting a legal framework that contains several laws promoting and protecting minority rights, although these have remained rather stagnant in implementation. The minorities in Kosovo have furthermore been affected by the Serb-Albanian relations and inter-ethnic tensions by creating divisions and societal challenges. LÄS MER
3. Ethnic divisions in Bosnia-Herzegovina - The inequality between three different ethnic groups in the country and how media is used to portray themMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to observe how media and activism can be a part of the post-conflict peace building in Bosnia as well as to highlight the work and importance of NGOs in the country. This thesis will focus on how these NGOs work with media and activism in order to contribute to the post-conflict peace building. LÄS MER
4. Who is Bosnian? : Ethnic Division in Bosnia and Herzegovina and its Implications for a National IdentityKandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This study deals with ethnic division in Bosnia and Herzegovina and its implications for a Bosnian collective national identity, in contrast to the ethnic identity of Bosniaks, Croats, and Serbs. The 1995 Dayton Agreement paves the way for a Bosnian state where a collective national identity is based on the state’s structure and institutions. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för musikvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The Uppsala music group LöstFolk has in various ways distinguished itself and become identified with protest music in Sweden. Their approach goes beyond simply singing and presenting texts that express their dissatisfaction with contemporary injustices and their message is strengthened by their use of visual and new media technologies. LÄS MER