Sökning: "euro area"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 103 uppsatser innehållade orden euro area.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Synkrotronljusfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : To move to lower modes in extreme ultra-violet lithography (EUVL) technology (and keep up with Moore’s law), new sources of soft X-ray radiation must be developed. It is clear from previous studies that Free Electron Lasers (FELs) can easily meet the in-band power requirements at these lower wavelength modes, however detailed studies for insertion devices (undulators) as a soft X-ray lithography (SXL) source are due for a re-evaluation. LÄS MER
2. Is the euro the right way? : A study on the effect of implementing the euro on domestic unemployment.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to investigate how the domestic unemployment rate of a nation is affected by joining the European currency union and converting to the euro. This is done through the use of a synthetic control method, as well as an augmented version of the model, where I define the Euro Area countries as the treatment group, and conversion to euro as treatment. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The creation of the European Monetary Union implied that its member states were no longer responsible for their monetary policy and instead had to rely entirely on the “one-size-fits-all” monetary policy conducted by the European Central Bank. This study investigates the alignment between the interest rate set by the European Central Bank and the interest rate that may be considered “optimal” for certain member countries of the euro area using a Taylor rule as a model for optimal interest rate decisions. LÄS MER
4. Preparing for a pandemic - a theoretical perspective on the trade-offs of unconventional monetary policyMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : As the COVID-19 pandemic spread across the globe, unprecedented policy measures were implemented by central banks and governments to dampen the effect on the real economy. Alongside the spread of the pandemic, research regarding how to simulate similar effects of the virus on the real economy and how to formulate optimal policy began spreading at an equal pace. LÄS MER
5. Spillover Effects of Forward Guidance Shocks: How ECB Communication Influences Economic Outcomes in Neighboring EconomiesD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : With policy rates at the zero lower bound, the ECB is increasingly relying on forward guidance to stimulate the economy. In this thesis paper, I show that the ECB's communication has important effects on economic outcomes both inside and outside of the eurozone. LÄS MER