Sökning: "fake news"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 91 uppsatser innehållade orden fake news.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : Journalism, a discipline traditionally formed by a variety of disruptions, currently faces a disruption with global dimension: The digitalisation represents a democratisation of content, which allows various kinds of new actors to ent e r the journalistic stage. Thus, the internet heralded an era of fake news and post truth, which left journalism almost voiceless. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This thesis takes a spearheaded look at a modern, much-talked about concept of misleadinginformation known as ”fake news”, and how traditional journalists have handled its emergence with regards to their professional boundaries. Built on the premise that who and what is to be considered journalism is a constant battle continuously fought between professional journalists and actors trying to lay claim to their professional territory, through the use of qualitative ethnographic content analysis of 88 journalistic texts, the study’s aim is to take initiative in academic concept development of how to define fake news, and explore in what ways traditional journalists have defended their professional boundaries, in light of the threat provided by the increasing prevalence of misleading content in the information ecosystem, as well as by an anti-establishment, critical of-traditonal-media post-truth culture. LÄS MER
3. The Tailors, Merchants, and Consumers of Misinformation. Unearthing the Patterns of Misinformation in Bangladesh.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Misinformation has always existed, though research suggests that their prevalence has increased in recent years in different forms (post-truth and alternative facts, for instance). Experts claim that it is now a global phenomenon regardless of their financial condition or advanced technology. LÄS MER
4. All Negative on the Western Front: Analyzing the Sentiment of the Russian News Coverage of Sweden with Generic and Domain-Specific Multinomial Naive Bayes and Support Vector Machines ClassifiersKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för lingvistik och filologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores to what extent Multinomial Naive Bayes (MNB) and Support Vector Machines (SVM) classifiers can be used to determine the polarity of news, specifically the news coverage of Sweden by the Russian state-funded news outlets RT and Sputnik. Three experiments are conducted. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Mittuniversitetet/Institutionen för utbildningsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to examine perceptions among civics teachersactive in upper primary and secondary schools in Sweden regardingdisinformation. In particular, the study focuses on ways in which disinformation inthe classroom interacts with media literacy as well as deliberative democraticideals. LÄS MER