Sökning: "figurative meaning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden figurative meaning.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : The writer, farmer, Christian pacifist, and “eco-poet” Wendell Berry has written and published novels, essays, and poetry since early 1960s. Examples of recurring themes in Berry’s literary work are the close relationship between farmer and the earth, the importance of belonging to a place/community, and having trust in the Creation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A study on the online process of producing idioms in writing and how second language learners manage the production and comprehension of idioms may provide a useful and comprehensive investigation of the production, comprehension and acquisition of language. The study in this paper investigated how Swedish (L1) second language learners of English (L2) produce and comprehend written idioms in the L2. LÄS MER
3. Samtal i träKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/HDK - Högskolan för design och konsthantverk
Sammanfattning : In this text you will follow the work and methods I used in my MA project Wooden talks, safe terrain and tangled situations.Wooden talks is a installation of abstract shapes in meeting with figurative ones. LÄS MER
4. This paper sure is a brass ring! : A quantitative study on the effect of context for non-native students’ interpretation of English idioms.Kandidat-uppsats, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för utbildning, kultur och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Idioms are a big part of languages but can cause trouble for communication, especially for non-native speakers of a language. Interpreting idioms correctly means that one must derive a figurative meaning from words that individually mean something else. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Genus
Sammanfattning : This research contributes a detailed personal account of a FEMEN activist. It presents an autophenomenographic analysis of cultural artefacts, including a Retrospective Diary, resulting from the activity of Yelena Myshko in FEMEN between 2012 and 2014. LÄS MER