Sökning: "filter bubbles"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 uppsatser innehållade orden filter bubbles.
1. "Jag scrollar vidare" : En netnografisk enkätundersökning om informationspraktiker i FacebookgrupperKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The information behaviour in closed Facebook groups differ from the one in people’s feed. Using Cox’s theory of information in social practices, Haythorntwaite’s theory of ties in computer mediated communication, McKenzie’s theories of cognitive authorities in information and Metzger and Flanagin’s theory of credibility heuristics the aim of this bachelor thesis is to gain a deeper understanding of how the members of three closed Facebook groups handle the information shared and if the groups act as a filter bubble for the information obtained. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för informatik
Sammanfattning : This study investigates political microtargeting in a multi-party context, more specifically, in a Swedish setting. By utilizing a mixed-method approach, the objective of the study is twofold. LÄS MER
3. Andas i fyrkant, leva i bubbla : En kvalitativ studie om algoritmers hjälp och stjälp kring självbekräftelse på InstagramKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för medier och journalistik (MJ); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för medier och journalistik (MJ)
Sammanfattning : In today's society all of your questions can be answered through a visit at Google. We’re constantly connected to the internet and cookies do not only refer to those sweet baked goodies you wish to fill your stomach with. LÄS MER
4. The role of perceived risk in the behavioral intention to use and accept algorithm-based news aggregatorsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för strategisk kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this research was to examine whether the opportunities or the risks are most significant for consumers when they are using algorithm-based news aggregators, this was accomplished by using an expanded Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology 2 model (UTAUT2). In addition to examining the significance of the original UTAUT2 parameters, we sought to reveal if our additional parameter - perceived risk - was significant for the use and acceptance of news aggregators. LÄS MER
5. Qualitative experiences of personalization algorithms : The strategies used by university students (to counteract ideological homogeneity) when navigating social media feeds and their experience with personalization algorithms.Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Purpose – At the beginning of this year the number of social media user worldwide was recorded to be at 3.80 billion and is estimated to keep rising (Kemp, 2020). Along with this connectivity, new concepts have been acknowledged that have caused some controversy. These concepts have been named echo chambers and filter bubbles. LÄS MER