Sökning: "flood exposure"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden flood exposure.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Delta regions are typically characterized by their high population density, low elevation, and risk of flooding. Long term planning and preparation is needed to mitigate the adverse effects of floods. LÄS MER
2. Resilience of urban systems in the face of natural hazards : To what extent do humanitarian organisations contribute to flood preparedness in Jakarta?Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Today, the humanitarian sector is faced with the interplay of several challenges: The world is increasingly becoming urbanized and cities are rapidly expanding into megacities and metacities. At the same time it is confronted with a heightened disaster risk that affects the urban realm in particular. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Throughout history industries have been located adjacent to water courses to use water in the process, for transport and release of wastewater. This is also the case along the Arboga river. LÄS MER
4. Integrated hydrodynamic and socio-economic damage modelling for assessment of flood risk in large-scale basin : The case study of Lower Chao Phraya River Basin in ThailandMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : Thailand has been often affected by severe flood events over the past century. The 2011’s Thailand Flood Catastrophe was the costliest in country’s history, and it was ranked to be the second most damaging natural hazard in the world in terms of economic losses. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Geoinformatik
Sammanfattning : Vulnerability studies look into the impact of hazard events on socio-ecological systems. Socio-ecological vulnerability is a very complex subject because it is not only a technical matter but also a social problem. LÄS MER