Sökning: "frozen conflict"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden frozen conflict.
1. The extraterritorial application of the European Convention on Human Rights and the United Nations Convention against Torture in frozen conflict regions as a tool of ensuring the prohibition of torture — the cases of Transnistria and AbkhaziaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The existence of frozen conflicts in Europe are posing difficulties in the application of international human rights treaties. This is due to, de facto governments of break-away regions not cooperating with international mechanisms and refusing to comply with regional and international instruments. LÄS MER
2. Is Winter Coming? : The Effect of Consistent Patron-States on Territorial Conflicts Becoming FrozenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Of the territorial intra-state conflicts around the world, there are some that live in the ‘no war, no peace’ environment. The so-called frozen conflicts have attracted significant scholarly and policy attention to explain their durability over time, and sustainability of the de facto regimes that live within such environment. LÄS MER
3. Community Center Peacebuiliding Organizations : Achieving Reconciliatory Attitudes via Intergroup ContactMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Reconciliation is important for reducing the likelihood of future conflict between groups but can be particularly difficult to achieve. This remains true within divided societies as the result of frozen conflict. LÄS MER
4. Könsceller och personnummer : En studie av makt- och motståndslogiker i transpolitiska rättsprocesserKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Etnologi
Sammanfattning : The subject of this bachelor thesis is the logics and counter-logics that have structured the perception of transsexualism and the now abolished sterilization requirement for legal recognition of sex change within the Swedish legal system and governmental authority. The analyzed material consists of judgments from two court cases with opposing verdicts that took place in 2004-2005 and 2012. LÄS MER
5. The Security Dilemma of the Wider Black Sea Region : With a Focus on Russia, the United States of America, and RomaniaMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The topic of this paper revolves around the security environment of the wider Black Sea region, with a focus on three protagonist states, and an alliance: Russia, the United States of America, Romania, and NATO. This work comes as a response to the normative demand of avoiding an inter-state conflict in this part of the world, an area already characterized by deep mistrust, frozen conflicts, separatist movements, transnational organized crime, terrorism, and great-power struggle between holders of nuclear capabilities. LÄS MER