Sökning: "gender identification"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 171 uppsatser innehållade orden gender identification.
1. A Hard Pill to Swallow? Subsidized Contraceptives and Women's Intergenerational Mobility in a Difference-in-Differences FrameworkD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The theory and methods of intergenerational mobility attempt to explain the transmission of socioeconomic status between family members of different generations. In this thesis, we study the causal effect of access to contraceptives on the intergenerational mobility of women. LÄS MER
2. Becoming a Woman Through Tomboyism : A Qualitative Study of the Female Gender Identity of the TomboyMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns the female gender identity generally known as the tomboy – a non-marginal gender identity. As a result of the non-marginality and complexity of this gender identity research on the subject is sparse. Moreover, previous research has not shown a limitation of tomboyism to homosexuality. LÄS MER
3. Mediating Agencies : Towards an Agential Realist Interpretation of Gender Identification and Self-representation in the Praedia of Julia Felix, PompeiiMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the rational properties of women’s gender identification and self-representation from political theorist Lois McNay’s generative logics, employing the Praedia of Julia Felix, Pompeii, as a case study. Previous debates rooted in semantics and representationalism have focused on non-elite stereotypes or negative gendered dichotomies fostered by comprehensive views on Roman women’s exclusion from public life. LÄS MER
4. Can I bring my whole self to my workplace? : A qualitative study of immigrant Muslim women’s workplace experiences in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : In general, immigrants face various problems as they adjust to their new surroundings and begin a new life. The educated, employed Arabic immigrant Muslim women, (EEAIMW), live between two worlds: a Swedish world at work and an Arabic world at home. In this East-West dichotomy, they keep trying to find who they are and where they belong. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi och statistik (NS)
Sammanfattning : This research is an empirical effort to uncover the causal effect of political attitudes on economic growth. The case of study is a sample of OECD countries. LÄS MER