Sökning: "gender-based violence"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 201 uppsatser innehållade orden gender-based violence.
1. The Support Process Directed to Palestinian Refugee Women Who Are Victims of Gender-based Violence in the Palestinian Refugee Camps in BeirutMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : In 1948, Palestinians were expelled from their homeland Palestine then were forced to seek refuge in multiple countries including Lebanon. During their temporary stay, Palestinian refugee women began to experience serious problems like gender-based violence. LÄS MER
2. ”CEDAW IS OUR HOLY TEXT, OUR HOLY BOOK” Combating gender-based violence in a de facto state: The case of Iraqi KurdistanMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Kurdistan region in Iraq, also known as KRI, has gained semi-independence over the decades and is today recognized in the Iraqi constitution as an autonomous part of the federal country. While still belonging to Iraq, it has been declared that the KRI performs better than its parent state in terms of security, stability and promoting international norms such as gender equality. LÄS MER
3. VIOLENCE OUTSIDE OF BATTLEGROUNDS- Qualitative text analysis of Women, Peace, and Security resolutionsKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Women experience violence in times of war and peace. The UN’s Security Council has formulated ten resolutions on the Women, Peace, and Security agenda (WPS) to increase women’s political participation and address their experiences and needs in relation to armed conflicts. LÄS MER
4. WHY WOMEN’S DESCRIPTIVE REPRESENTATION DOES NOT LEAD TO SUBSTANTIVE REPRESENTATION: An interview study of women politician’s perceptions of hindrances for political inclusion in BoliviaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to understand why a high descriptive representation does not result in a high substantive representation. The theory of politics of presence (Phillips, 1995) suggests that there should be a link between descriptive and substantive representation. LÄS MER
5. A Gender Perspective on Repression the Effect of Gender-based Violence on the Likelihood of Success for Maximalist Nonviolent CampaignsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates how repression in the form of gender-based violence (GBV) towards women in maximalist nonviolent campaigns affect the likelihood of success for the campaigns, as this has been identified as a gap in the previous research. The hypothesis in the paper was that maximalist nonviolent campaigns where women have been subjected to gender-based violence are more likely to succeed than campaigns where women have not been subjected to gender-based violence. LÄS MER