Sökning: "geopolitical theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 uppsatser innehållade orden geopolitical theory.
1. When a natural disaster occurs during a conflict – Catalyst or obstacle for peace? : A comparative case study of the insurgency in Aceh, Indonesia and the Sri Lankan civil war in relation to the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Superficial information of the civil wars in Aceh, Indonesia and Sri Lanka creates the idea that both conflicts were in similar situations when they were hit by the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004. It thus seems surprising that in the wake of the tsunami, the Free Aceh Movement and the Government of Indonesia signed a peace agreement, while the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam and the Government of Sri Lanka returned to war. LÄS MER
2. The Dissolution of Czechoslovakia - Historical analysis of the causes of the partition of CzechoslovakiaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : Czechoslovakia, as a common state of Czechs and Slovaks, dissolved after 74 years of existence. The thesis is conducted as a historical analysis whose aim to analyse the causes of the dissolution of Czechoslovakia and to identify their historical origins. LÄS MER
3. Framing Development in a New Global Order: A critical discourse analysis of British media’s portrayal of Chinese developmental involvement in AfricaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : This thesis purpose is to look at British media’s coverage of Chinese developmental involvement in Africa, particularly at how the most-read newspapers in the UK have written about the situation, and how they have used media framing when reporting on it. As media can have an enormous impact on people’s perception of certain situations, this paper’s aim is to analyse the media discourse and offer an explanation for why it might look as it does, what the causes are and what effects could be. LÄS MER
4. (Re)framing the Arctic : A qualitative content analysis on Swedish media and state discourses during 2017-2019Master-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to study how the Arctic is framed in Swedish media and state discourse during 2017-2019. The nexus of security studies and the Arctic are increasingly important due to the perceived opportunities and challenges rising as consequences of human-induced climate change. LÄS MER
5. SMALL STATES IN A GEOPOLITICAL WORLD A study of the relations between the Baltic states and Russia through an analysis of the countries’ statements in the United Nations the last ten yearsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Baltic States and Russia share a historical relationship. These countries, sharing borders with one another, have linkages that have found their basis in economic, political and cultural relations in which they have been involved throughout the years. LÄS MER