Sökning: "global water tools"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 34 uppsatser innehållade orden global water tools.
1. Sensitivity analysis of pluvial flood modelling tools for dense urban areas : A case study in Lundby-Lindholmen, GothenburgUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och naturresurser
Sammanfattning : As a result of the global climate change, extreme precipitation is occurring more frequently which increases the risk of flooding, especially in urban areas. Urbanisation is widely discussed regarding urban flooding where an increase of impervious surfaces limits the infiltration and increases the surface runoff. LÄS MER
2. Feasibility Study for Production of Biogas from Wastewater and Sewage Sludge : Development of a Sustainability Assessment Framework and its ApplicationMaster-uppsats, KTH/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : Clean water and renewable energy are essential requirements to build resilience towards the adverse effects of climate change and global warming. Advanced wastewater treatment options may provide a unique opportunity to recover various useful resources such as energy (biogas), fertilizers, minerals, and metals embedded in the wastewater stream. LÄS MER
3. Människors mjölkval - En lokal studie kring bakomliggande orsaker till valet av komjölk eller växtdryckKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Sweden has for the last half-century had a very high consumption of dairy products compared to other European countries. This high demand in cow’s milk puts a lot of pressure on the dairy industry which requires a high amount of feed, water and energy to produce dairy products. LÄS MER
4. Environmental issues from sugarcane plantations in Brazil and how to handle them with market-based instrumentsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : This study is a literature review of three market-based instruments used for land management; environmental offsets, payments for ecosystem services (PES) and certification, and how they could be used to mitigate environmental impacts from sugarcane cultivation in Brazil when purchasing biopolymers. The study showed that certification is the most common market-based instrument in Brazil. LÄS MER
5. The use of video to communicate water, sanitation and hygiene in Haiti: A comparison between SAWBO, GHMP and UNESCO’s cholera prevention initiativesMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Health communication campaigns in developing countries can take many different forms and make use of a wide range of communication tools. One of these tools are multimedia resources such as videos. LÄS MER