Sökning: "global water tools"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 uppsatser innehållade orden global water tools.
1. Människors mjölkval - En lokal studie kring bakomliggande orsaker till valet av komjölk eller växtdryckKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Sweden has for the last half-century had a very high consumption of dairy products compared to other European countries. This high demand in cow’s milk puts a lot of pressure on the dairy industry which requires a high amount of feed, water and energy to produce dairy products. LÄS MER
2. Environmental issues from sugarcane plantations in Brazil and how to handle them with market-based instrumentsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : This study is a literature review of three market-based instruments used for land management; environmental offsets, payments for ecosystem services (PES) and certification, and how they could be used to mitigate environmental impacts from sugarcane cultivation in Brazil when purchasing biopolymers. The study showed that certification is the most common market-based instrument in Brazil. LÄS MER
3. The use of video to communicate water, sanitation and hygiene in Haiti: A comparison between SAWBO, GHMP and UNESCO’s cholera prevention initiativesMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Health communication campaigns in developing countries can take many different forms and make use of a wide range of communication tools. One of these tools are multimedia resources such as videos. LÄS MER
4. Assessing evolution of ice caps in Suðurland, Iceland, in years 1986 - 2014, using multispectral satellite imageryMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The study focuses on the application of multispectral satellite imageries in glaciological studies. It aims to assess how the Icelandic glaciers have evolved over the last decades (from the 1980s to 2014). The study area covers Mýrdalsjökull and Eyjafjallajökull ice caps located in Suðurland, Iceland. LÄS MER
5. Where-Else : Creating a dialogue tool to enhance green space allocation for the mitigation of noise and water runoff in urban settings.Master-uppsats, KTH/Strategiska hållbarhetsstudier
Sammanfattning : Cities around the world encounter global challenges, of which climate change is one. Urbanisation is resulting in inflexible land uses that are hard to reverse and cause fragmentation of green areas, which therefore decline in quality and contribute to the cities’ vulnerability to climate change. LÄS MER