Sökning: "governance mechanisms"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 106 uppsatser innehållade orden governance mechanisms.
1. Putting people back into the economy: Urban restructuring and emerging alternatives in time of crisisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : In many cities around the world, the financial crisis 2007 served as an opportunity both for grassroots movements and governments to rethink existing models of urban development. Some authors have pointed out that the crisis served to elevate discourses for progressive post-neoliberal urban transformations. LÄS MER
2. Disrupting carbon lock-in: How a target-based sustainability program for businesses can support the politics of decarbonization in Ottawa, CanadaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Human-induced climate change has emerged as one of the greatest sustainability challenges of our time, with significant risks for human health, livelihoods and security. However, technological solutions to phase out the use of fossil fuels in industrialized countries are politically contested. LÄS MER
3. The role of Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives in Swedish apparel brands' Sustainable Supply Chain ManagementMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to increase the understanding of multi-stakeholder initiatives (MSIs) as means for the Swedish apparel industry to enhance their sustainable supply chain management (SSCM). Three MSIs that address environmental issues in apparel supply chains are explored as cases – Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Sweden Textile Water Initiative (STWI), and Textile Exchange (TE), focusing on the perceptions of Swedish apparel brands. LÄS MER
4. Public blockchain communities A study on how governance mechanisms are expressed within blockchain communitiesMaster-uppsats, Institutionen för tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : Blockchain technology is rapidly growing and can in the near future disrupt industries such as finance, cyber security, and political voting systems. The interest in the phenomenon has increased the past years, and as a result, more research within the field has emerged as a natural outcome. LÄS MER
5. How smart are smart cities? : How can big data influence the planning of sustainable urban mobility?Magister-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM); KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The opportunities we have to move around the city, otherwise known as urban mobility, are intrinsically linked to both local industrial output as well as the physical possibilities of moving provided by the landscape of the urban environment. With the advent of automotive congestion solidifying itself as a reality as populations in urban centres continue to rise, the conspicuous question is: If we continue the way we’re going, what happens next? This thesis explores the influence of new technologies and the data that drives them on the mechanisms of planning mobility in urban centres, as well as the potential of adoption of innovative mobility solutions that address environmental concerns through insights that higher resolution data can provide. LÄS MER