Sökning: "grave goods"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 uppsatser innehållade orden grave goods.
1. Olika men ändå lika. En jämförelsestudie av konstruktioner, gravgods och ritualer mellan svenska och kontinentaleuropeiska kammargravar under folkvandringstidenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The aim of this essay is to compare Migration Period chamber tombs from Central and Western Europe with Migration Period chamber tombs from Sweden, with a specific focus on the constructions, grave goods and traceable rituals in each respective geographical area’s tombs. This comparative study also features three examples of Swedish chamber tombs, located in Högom, Lilla Jored and Lilla Sylta, which are discussed in comparison with the continental chamber tombs, as well as the general view on Swedish chamber tombs. LÄS MER
2. Death's reflection in the water : Mortuary ritual, ancestral worship and the cosmological significance of water on the island of Gotland during the Pitted Ware cultureKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The Pitted Ware culture on Gotland presents a multitude of material that allow archeologists to re-construct and visit the socio-economic structure of a middle-neolithic settlement in the Baltic sea. I will be analyzing the archaeological material in accordance to the ocean, and to what we can interpret as ritual and cosmological variables at the site through ritual theory, and with a method of comparative analogy and research. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : New data shows that there is genetic continuity between the Scandinavian Mesolithic Ertebølle culture and the Scandinavian Neolithic Pitted Ware culture. To examine whether it is possible to demonstrate the continuity in other aspects than the genetic, this paper examines graves from three Mesolithic grave fields (Skateholm I & II and Vedbæk) and two Neolithic grave fields (Ajvide and Västerbjers), their burial customs and ritual practices. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to study the symbolic role of weapons, specifically axes in Viking age burials. The thesis will also discuss the axe´s role in relaion to the character of the grave and the grave goods. A total 18 graves will be studied and analysed with help from J. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay is to study the evolution and differences of motifs on bronze age objects associated with men and women, the differences in plastic ornamentation and the differences in grave goods in five danish oakcoffin burials from II-III, and fourtythree swedish cremation graves from period IV-VI. The methods used for the motifs and plastic ornamentation are an iconographical one and for the grave goods I have chosen to make a chart. LÄS MER