Sökning: "higgs boson"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 50 uppsatser innehållade orden higgs boson.
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Accurate estimations of background processes associated with top-quarks are vital to studies concerned with finding new physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)at CERN. Search for Higgs-like bosons in the ATLAS experiment at LHC was performed by optimising the use of b-jet tagging algorithms and improving on tt backgroundmodelling. LÄS MER
2. Optimization of event selection and fake background estimation in a search for heavy scalars in dilepton final states with the ATLAS detectorMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The discovery of the Higgs boson h in 2012 further confirmed the remarkable accuracy of the Standard Model (SM). Despite this, some compelling excesses in multi-lepton final states were recorded in both major runs of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : We present a parton-level phenomenological study of triple-Higgs production at leading order in proton-proton collisions at a center-of-mass energy of 100 TeV with an integrated luminosity of 30 ab^-1. This study aims to estimate the prospects for measuring the signal hhh production observable at the Future Circular Collider. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : Many models beyond the Standard Model that predict the existence of multiple Higgs bosons. In general, some of these additional Higgs bosons could be quasi-degenerate in mass either to each other or to the observed 125 GeV Higgs boson. The goal of this thesis is to study under which circumstances we can resolve such Higgs bosons. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Large Hadron Collider in Geneva was constructed as a discovery machine. So far, the Higgs boson has been the only discovery at the Large Hadron Collider, but physicists keep on pushing the limit in order to discover new particles. LÄS MER