Sökning: "highly educated"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 134 uppsatser innehållade orden highly educated.
1. EMPTYING THE SCHOOL OF ATHENS A quantitative analysis of the link between the Eurozone crisis and declining worker productivity in the Greek economyKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to investigate the causes of Greece’s worker productivity declinein the aftermath of the euro crisis. Through the employment of three groups of time-seriesregressions, the empirical analysis of the thesis demonstrates that: 1) there exists anunambiguous correlation between the unfolding of the euro crisis and Greece’s declining worker productivity – a correlation which is entirely disconnected from the progression of thecountry’s competitiveness; 2) the progression of the crisis is intimately correlated withGreece’s recent surge in human capital emigration; and 3) this outflow of human capital-richworkers may explain a large portion of Greece’s worker productivity decline since 2008. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för ekonomi och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This study refers to questions of rural accessibility, and to the sustainability profits of theimplementation of the electric car. Furthermore, it refers to the perceptions and experiences ofyoung women considering transport related norm impacts, and to geographical significance ofthese norms. LÄS MER
3. Tertiary education and employment : Exploring the relationship between tertiary education, employment and overqualification across the EUMagister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för beteendevetenskap och lärande
Sammanfattning : The dominant human capital theory-based perspective that education is crucial for economic success and employment has affected national and regional policies in education and employment worldwide. The present thesis critically assesses the target for increased number of tertiary education graduates in the current EU agenda for growth and employment (Europe 2020 Strategy). LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : The gender education gap has reversed, women today account for the majority of college graduates. At the same time, skill-biased technological change strongly rewards highly-educated workers through the increased skill premium. In this thesis, I analyze the implications of combining these two facts through a heterogeneous agent model using U.S. LÄS MER
5. Etnisk diskriminering på svenska arbetsplatser : En kvalitativ intervjustudie avseende upplevd diskriminering på svenska arbetsplatser i koppling till etnisk tillhörighetMagister-uppsats, Högskolan för mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : In this study, five young and highly educated individuals' perceived ethnic discrimination at their respective workplaces, has been examined. Furthermore, the individuals' reactions and actions, as well as their perception of their colleague’s behavior during the discrimination situations, have been examined. LÄS MER