Sökning: "human capital transfers"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden human capital transfers.
1. EMPTYING THE SCHOOL OF ATHENS A quantitative analysis of the link between the Eurozone crisis and declining worker productivity in the Greek economyKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to investigate the causes of Greece’s worker productivity declinein the aftermath of the euro crisis. Through the employment of three groups of time-seriesregressions, the empirical analysis of the thesis demonstrates that: 1) there exists anunambiguous correlation between the unfolding of the euro crisis and Greece’s declining worker productivity – a correlation which is entirely disconnected from the progression of thecountry’s competitiveness; 2) the progression of the crisis is intimately correlated withGreece’s recent surge in human capital emigration; and 3) this outflow of human capital-richworkers may explain a large portion of Greece’s worker productivity decline since 2008. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Following a macroeconomic stabilization and consistent economic growth during the 2000s, Brazil experienced a continuous decrease on poverty incidence for the first time in its contemporary history. While the literature emphasizes the importance of economic growth alongside social development to fight poverty, the Brazilian experience also displays strong government action through expanding social coverage targeted to the poor. LÄS MER
3. Conditional and Unconditional Transfers : Remittances and the take-up of CCT programs in developing countriesKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study examines the relationship between reception of remittances and CCT participation. Three hypotheses, predicting a negative relationship between remittances and CCTs, are presented. These are tested by logit regressions based on data from national household surveys from four Latin American countries. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : The use of conditional cash transfers (CCTs) as means of combating poverty has increased considerably the past decade. CCTs are safety net programs that transfer cash to targeted poor households, often to the mothers, on the condition that those households make pre-specified investments in the human capital of their children. LÄS MER
5. Conditional Cash Transfers - An analysis of the OPORTUNIDADES program's effect on nutrition, health and schooling.C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This paper seeks to describe the intergenerational poverty-pattern and the impacts of a Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT-) program on human capital. It seeks to analyse the effects of the Oportunidades-program on health, nutrition and school attendance in Mexican rural areas. LÄS MER