Sökning: "human rights culture"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 189 uppsatser innehållade orden human rights culture.
1. SPORTSWASHING: En kvalitativ innehållsanalys av begreppet sportswashing i brittisk media – en mjukmaktskapande aktion omgärdad av postkoloniala värderingarKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : In the last few years the term ’sportswashing’ has been made popular by human rights organisations and sportsmedia in relation to the involvement in sports by states and individuals aiming to extract soft power and, or, laundry it’s reputation and strengthen it’s image. States, corperations and private individuals participations in sports through hosting, or owning, competitions or clubs, is today something that can be seen as highly political. LÄS MER
2. Olika bilder av verkligheten : En kvantitativ innehållsanalys av hur FIFA och Amnesty gestaltar fotbolls-VM i Qatar 2022 på TwitterKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för medier och journalistik (MJ)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine how FIFA and Amnesty portray the football World Cup in Qatar 2022 differently on their respective Twitter accounts. For context, the topic regarding Qatar being granted to host the World Cup has been a heated discussion ever since its inception in 2010 when FIFA officially announced it for the first time. LÄS MER
3. Between East and West: How Serbian journalists cover the war in Ukraine : A qualitative study investigating how journalism culture shapes Serbian coverage when framing the conflict in UkraineKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Journalistik
Sammanfattning : The press coverage of any armed conflict has traditionally played a crucial role during times of war since major abuses of human rights and war crimes are brought to the public due to journalists’ coverage. When Russia invaded Ukraine on the 24th of February 2022, it dominated the news for weeks since many parts of the world were heavily affected. LÄS MER
4. Barnäktenskap en kvalitativ studie om hur hederskultur påverkar barnäktenskap i SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Enskilda Högskolan Stockholm/Avdelningen för mänskliga rättigheter och demokrati
Sammanfattning : The reason for the thesis is to show that child marriage not only occurs in Eastern countries, Africa, and Asia, but there are also child marriages here in Sweden. The honor culture is one of the important reasons that contributes to child marriage. LÄS MER
5. Gender-Based Violence in Conflict and Post-conflict Societies : A Case Study of South SudanKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on GBV against women and girls in conflict and post-conflict societies with a particular emphasis on South Sudan. It notes that women and girls are disproportionately affected by gender-based violence, and other consequences of war, including displacement and loss of livelihood. LÄS MER