Sökning: "human rights violation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 206 uppsatser innehållade orden human rights violation.
1. Out of Sight, Out of Mind. The ‘Social Death’ of Institutionalized Women and Children and the ‘Social Amnesia’ of Irish Society in the Twentieth Century, Depicted in Forensic Evidence from the Children's Mass Grave at a former Mother and Baby Home in Tuam, Co. Galway.Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : The twentieth century was a time of social and political changes. Victims of trauma, genocide, massacres and abuse in a largely Post-Colonial era would increasingly gain recognition and places of suffering, death and pain would become places of remembrance. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialantropologi
Sammanfattning : The Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of Bangladesh was for a long time an area of conjuration, affection, brotherhood, social and natural contribution in livelihood as well as harmony between nature and culture. At present, eight hundred thousand indigenous peoples in CHT are living in poverty, hunger, malnutrition, killings, conflicts, and imbalanced situation in society and economy. LÄS MER
3. ‘Here there be monsters’ - A comparative case study of the discrimination against people with pedophilia in the US, UK and GermanyKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : Pedophilia is one of the most misunderstood mental disorders in contemporary society. The aim of this thesis is to analyse the discriminatory behaviour against people with a pedophilic disorder by the public at large, the media and current legislations; in the case of the US, the UK and Germany. LÄS MER
4. Home States' Duty to Protect Human Rights - To what extent is Sweden requiring Swedish corporations to comply with human rights extraterritorially?Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : It has been argued that multinational corporations benefit from impunity when it comes to human rights violations due to inadequate corporate regulation in host states as well on the international level. Thus, there are three purposes of this thesis: first to examine to what extent states’ duty to protect human rights can be utilised to hold corporations accountable for human rights violations in their global activities. LÄS MER
5. Oskäligt lång tid: En undersökning av befrielsegrunden i 51 kap. skatteförfarandelagen och hur svensk rätt förhåller sig till Europadomstolens praxis rörande artikel 6 i EKMRUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : According to Chapter 51 Section 1 (3) of the Swedish Tax Procedure Act, skatteförfarandelagen (2011:1244), the STPA, there is a possibility to be granted exemption from tax surcharges if the length of the tax proceedings has been excessive. The purpose of this paper is to examine Chapter 51 Section 1 (3) of the STPA and to analyze the relationship between Swedish applicable law and the right to a trial within a reasonable time (Article 6 Section 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights) according to the European Court of Human Rights, the ECtHR. LÄS MER