Sökning: "human rights"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2483 uppsatser innehållade orden human rights.
1. Att värna demokratin. Kommunala tjänstepersoners konstruktioner av demokrati, rättigheter och medborgarskap i det kommunala arbetet med återvändare och islamistisk våldsbejakande extremismMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates how the problem with so called returnees (återvändare) and violent extremism (våldsbejakande extremism) is constructed in the municipal work with and against the same in Sweden, using Carol Bacchi’s and Susan Goodwin’s Foucaultdian approach to policy analysis – the so-called “what’s the problem represented to be?” approach – as its primary method. The purpose is to explore how Swedish ideas of democracy are formed, strengthened and challenged, and what effects this may have on notions of citizenship and human rights. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to uncover how, through the common discourse, human rights violations occur in the European Union when it claims to protect and promote human rights. More specifically the question is asked in what way different understandings on human rights and sovereignty as they are held by the European Commission influence the discourse on migration in the EU. LÄS MER
3. "Man måste göra det bästa av situationen" : Skolgång för barn som vistas i Sverige utan tillståndKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, children residing in the country without a permit has had access to schooling since 2013. Yet, only a few people have taken the time to do research on the topic and evaluate the policy change that gave these children right to attend elementary and upper secondary school. LÄS MER
4. When we see something that is well beyond our understanding : The duty of States to investigate war crimes and how it applies to autonomous weapons systemsKandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses States’ duty to investigate grave breaches of humanitarian law and how it applies to deep reinforcement learning autonomous weapons. It identifies basic technologic intricacies related to deep reinforcement learning and discusses what issues may arise if such software is used in weapons systems. LÄS MER
5. “The government is watching – don’t step on their toes” : An investigation of the press freedom and the working conditions for journalists in TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för kultur- och medievetenskaper
Sammanfattning : According to reports from Reporters sans frontiers and Freedom House, the freedom of the press has declined during the recent years in the sub-Saharan country Tanzania. Using the human rights reports as an entry point, this study set out to investigate the working conditions for journalists in the capital de facto of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam. LÄS MER