Sökning: "ice caps"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden ice caps.
1. Assessing evolution of ice caps in Suðurland, Iceland, in years 1986 - 2014, using multispectral satellite imageryMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The study focuses on the application of multispectral satellite imageries in glaciological studies. It aims to assess how the Icelandic glaciers have evolved over the last decades (from the 1980s to 2014). The study area covers Mýrdalsjökull and Eyjafjallajökull ice caps located in Suðurland, Iceland. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The phenomenon of global warming has become a fact, however; the uncertainty is about the magnitude and acceleration of its manifestations. Global mean sea level rise is one of the results induced by global warming and is happening with an undetectable accelerated pace. LÄS MER
3. Differential Interferometry and Multiple-Aperture Interferometry for Retrieving Three-Dimensional Measurements of Glacial Surface VelocityMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : The measurement and monitoring of glacial surface velocity is important for many aspects of glaciology, such as determining the mass balance, for characterising the stability or instability of glaciers, or the identification of potential hazards from surging glaciers or Jökulhlaups, a type of glacial outburst flood. Predominately measurements of glacial surface velocity have been produced using either differential interferometry (DInSAR) applied to radar data, or offset-tracking applied to either optical or radar data. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Förbränningsfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change is an ongoing process that contributes to changes in the climate on a global scale down to a local scale. The Arctic sea ice and the glaciers have continued to decrease at the same time as the rate of sea level rise has increased. LÄS MER
5. Vart bör Kiribati, Tuvalu och Marshallöarnas befolkningar ta vägen? : En normativ analys inom ämnet för klimatförändringarnas utmaningarKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : The effects of anthropogenic climate change are becoming more and more visible as being highlighted by scientists, politicians and media. The causes of droughts, floods, melting ice caps and rising sea levels can all partially be traced back to human activities. LÄS MER