Sökning: "illegal fishing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden illegal fishing.
1. "Good" versus "Bad" Fishermen : A case study on fishermen’s perceptions of illegal fishing and the failure of co-management initiatives in Lake BabatiKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik; Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik
Sammanfattning : Small-scale fisheries represent an important sector for Tanzania’s economy and the contribution to the livelihood of people. In Lake Babati, fish stocks are decreasing, mainly because of illegal fishing methods. LÄS MER
2. Exploring Co-management : A Minor Field Study on Lake Victoria Beach Management Unit in Ggaba, Kampala, UgandaKandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Miljöförändring; Linköpings universitet/Tema Miljöförändring
Sammanfattning : To manage common resources such as water bodies, forests and the air is complex since several stakeholders are involved and affected by the use of the resource. One way to manage common resources is through co-management. LÄS MER
3. Self-Governance in the Commons - A study of social control in Swedish recreational lobster fisheriesKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Most of the natural resources we rely on for our existence on this planet could in one way or another be a subject to overexploitation through tragedy of the commons. Tragedy of the commons occurs when rational individuals all acting in their own self-interest creates a situation that is suboptimal for everyone involved (Hardin, 1968). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : What is the thread that connects all the various actors and events that contributed to the rise of piracy in Somalia? The paper addresses the evolution of Somali piracy, focusing on its emergence, since it is that transformational aspect that provides the most richly insightful perspectives. Working from Thomas, Kiser, and Casebeer’s Warlords Rising: Confronting Violent Non-State Actors, an excellent foil for understanding how violent non-state actors (VNSAs) can arise into power in various situations and circumstances, connections are made to actual events and circumstances that contributed to a rise in piracy in Somalia. LÄS MER
5. Are Criminal Sanctions an Appropriate Punishment for Illegal Unregulated and Unreported Fishing in EU? - Sweden as a case studyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Background: A major challenge of today is to protect the marine ecosystem from a total collapse. Overfishing, illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing, climate change in the sea, coral bleaching, ocean acidification, marine pollution impacts of coastal development, exotic and invasive species and last but not least all the cumulative impacts, are just some of the factors degrading our marine environment. LÄS MER