Sökning: "immersion studies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 65 uppsatser innehållade orden immersion studies.
1. Uncanny details : Exploration how the uncanny valley appears within the movements of virtual charactersMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Skövde/Institutionen för informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : This study has examined what in virtual characters movement invokes negative sensations associated with the Uncanny Valley. This was done through a study involving semi-structured interviews, open-ended surveys and eye tracking during which the 10 participants observed gameplay and dialogue clips from three different games. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : Online fandoms are capable of various feats; from influencing the TV shows they watch to funding half-baked convention scams, Tumblr fandoms in particular are infamous across the internet. Their chaotic and intense nature simultaneously leads to intense bouts of creative activity, pumping hundreds of thousands of fan works into the Tumblr ecosystem every year. LÄS MER
3. The Class of Us: A Study Across Several Schools in Sweden Comparing the EFL Comprehension of Playing the Video Game The Last of Us Versus Viewing the Television AdaptationUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Contemporary English as a foreign language (EFL) classrooms in upper secondary schools in Sweden make frequent use of receptive media such as movies and television to facilitate language learning. The more interactive medium of video games is seldom used for the same purpose, despite previous research indicating that the added layer of interactivity can bring benefits such as improvements to vocabulary, written production and reading comprehension. LÄS MER
4. “You can’t construct the mood alone” : Three Brazilian music teachers on teaching in Swedish highereducation.Master-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Musikhögskolan
Sammanfattning : This thesis looks into cross-cultural music-making in higher education byexploring the plausible outcomes of the teaching of three Brazilian music teachers thatcame to a Swedish university to teach Brazilian music to Swedish students in theLinnaeus-Palme exchange project between the said university and a Brazilian universityin the 2010s. Through interviews the three Brazilian music teachers have given theirview of the teaching that took place, what they taught and why, and what methods theywere using. LÄS MER
5. How teachers utilize the practice of reading aloud to promote English language development in Swedish K-3 grades.Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : Reading aloud is a method that has been used as a means of observational learning in schools for many years. It exists as an implicit part of many educational systems across the world, and the theories that underpin its usage are well studied. LÄS MER