Sökning: "indigenous tourism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 uppsatser innehållade orden indigenous tourism.
1. Silver bullet or Barbed lure? : An analysis of the Girjas verdict and its potential to stimulate sustainable tourism development in SwedenMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och industriell teknik
Sammanfattning : The Sami indigenous peoples in Northern Scandinavia face ongoing pressures to maintain their traditional way of life. Today, scholars of resilience and sustainability studies have looked towards indigenous tourism to deliver income diversity and cultural preservation. However, to date, this realization has been slow. LÄS MER
2. Visitor Perceptions of Authenticity and Commodification in Easter Island Cultural Heritage Tourism : Pride and Empowerment of the RapanuiMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och industriell teknik
Sammanfattning : This study sought to analyze tourist perceptions of cultural heritage tourism on Easter Island, more specifically, how they perceived and valued the concept of ‘authenticity’ in representations of local Rapanui culture. By analyzing and categorizing trends found in Trip Advisor reviews left for 6 tourism businesses on the island (3 traditional performance venues and 3 guided tour companies), this primary research question was further broken down to assess 1) what factors in particular render an experience valuable and authentic to the tourist, 2) how tourists perceive indigenous Rapanui’s relationship to their own culture in the context of cultural tourism, and 3) if they perceive the industry as exploiting or empowering the Rapanui people. LÄS MER
3. Från massmord till turistattraktion : En analys av hur den kanariska ursprungsbefolkningens mänskliga kvarlevor har behandlatsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : The Canary Islands are a popular tourist destination. But, behind the good weather and the beautiful beaches there is a traumatic story. Guanches, the island's indigenous people, died as a result of the Spanish colonization. Only a few aspects of Guanche's life remain - their human remains and their material culture. LÄS MER
4. Entrepreneurship, Capabilities and Natural Capital : A strong sustainability approach for well-being improvement of indigenous women in GuatemalaMagister-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : The World Tourism Organization identifies improving linkages and opportunities in the tourism sector as a key area in the field of sustainable economic development. Swisscontact’s project Empodera aims at the improvement of well-being of indigenous women and youth via economic development. LÄS MER
5. Tourists’ expectations of their encounter with indigenous communities in the context of indigenous tourism: Western tourists’online reviews of OvaHimba cultural villages in NamibiaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : Indigenous tourism is a debated topic as the lifestyle and culture of indigenous groups are increasingly being promoted as tourist attractions, especially by tourism promotors targeting tourists in more developed countries. Indigenous tourism has become a widely adopted approach used to generate income for indigenous communities, and to the countries in which they are located. LÄS MER