Sökning: "informal settlements"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 74 uppsatser innehållade orden informal settlements.
1. Public place, female space : a proposed structure plan for Kihinani, Zanzibar which includes women in the planning processUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : The urban population is rapidly expanding and Africa has the fastest growing population in the world. Zanzibar Town is the urban, densely populated area in Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous island state in Tanzania. During the last fifty years, the population has increased by 630% in the city. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : This study explores the narratives of the Reconquista’s river basin in the greater Buenos Aires Metropolitan Area, in particular the Morón River - the main polluter. The aim is to explore how to design counteractive narratives in regards to the current development. LÄS MER
3. Sowing hope, harvesting justice: How Vila Nova Esperança transformed the environment into an ally to claim rightsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : The presence of informal settlements in large cities of the developing world is a concrete expression of urban poverty. The residents of Brazilian favelas are more likely to be exposed to environmental risks, lower life quality and risks of eviction. LÄS MER
4. Assessing individual water and sanitation insecurity : A novel tool to track universal access, the case of Mukuru informal settlements in Nairobi.Master-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Securing universal, safe, inclusive and affordable water and sanitation services, as targeted by SDG 6, is a challenge for urban settings. Particularly in informal settlements of Mukuru, Nairobi, were its crowded population, insecure land tenure and location in areas prone to environmental hazards places their inhabitants at greater risk of water and sanitation insecurity. LÄS MER
5. Social cohesion in Gilbert Hill : What can be done to better integrate the informalitywithin the formal planning processMaster-uppsats, KTH/Samhällsplanering och miljö; KTH/Samhällsplanering och miljö
Sammanfattning : The government in Maharashtra are trying to rehabilitate the informal settlements in Mumbai through the slum rehabilitation authority and its rehabilitation scheme and we wanted to learn more about how it worked and how it affects living conditions for former residents of an informal settlement and how it can differ from those still living there. This study has a focus on a specific informal settlement in Mumbai, called Gilbert Hill. LÄS MER