Sökning: "informal settlements"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 81 uppsatser innehållade orden informal settlements.
1. The right to the city in post-apartheid South Africa: Abahlali baseMjondolo’s struggle for land, housing and dignityMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Fifty percent of the world’s population live in cities today, but predictions of the sustained urbanization trend estimates that this number will increase to seventy percent by 2050. Meanwhile, the consequences of the urban divide and the demarcations between people in the increasingly fragmented societies could be demonstrated in the case of South Africa. LÄS MER
2. Practices for co-productive planning modes: Urban development in Cape Town : A case study based on the implementation of a design and building development incubatorKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : Together with a steadily increasing urban population, South Africa and the city of Cape Town is facing continuously expanding informal settlements and communities with no access to basic human services or adequate housing. There’s an urgent need to design, plan and implement alternative and creative approaches to help stimulate an equal, inclusive and sustainable urban development and strategic spatial planning. LÄS MER
3. Public place, female space : a proposed structure plan for Kihinani, Zanzibar which includes women in the planning processUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : The urban population is rapidly expanding and Africa has the fastest growing population in the world. Zanzibar Town is the urban, densely populated area in Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous island state in Tanzania. During the last fifty years, the population has increased by 630% in the city. LÄS MER
4. Municipal Solid Waste Management in Informal Settlements – A multiple-case study of challenges and possibilities in the favelas and informal sector of Rio de Janeiro cityUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Miljö- och energisystem
Sammanfattning : Today, about one billion people in the world live in informal settlements and lack access to basic services and city infrastructure. In Rio de Janeiro, approximately 1,4 million people, one fourth of the city population, live in informal settlements, in Brazil called favelas. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : This study explores the narratives of the Reconquista’s river basin in the greater Buenos Aires Metropolitan Area, in particular the Morón River - the main polluter. The aim is to explore how to design counteractive narratives in regards to the current development. LÄS MER