Sökning: "international broadcasting"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden international broadcasting.
1. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
2. “An English which is not connected to Great Britain, the USA or any other geographical region.” : How is English presented in the Swedish educational television series Pick a colour?Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : English is used worldwide as a native, second and foreign language and as a language of international communication. The uses and status of English in Sweden have been discussed in terms of its influence and ubiquity, with its presence in daily life leading some to consider English could be better described as a second, rather than foreign, language in the country. LÄS MER
3. Storytelling techniques in protest reporting : A comparative analysis of narratives on the Ferguson unrest by AJE, BBCW and RTMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : In a global media environment characterized by change and conflict, narratives are especially useful to understand how the media form and distribute shared understanding of how the world works and who the important actors are. As the borders between local and global politics are blurred in the digital media landscape, protesters are in increased rate turning their placards to global broadcasters’ cameras, especially when political movements such as the U. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Borås/Akademin för textil, teknik och ekonomi; Högskolan i Borås/Akademin för textil, teknik och ekonomi
Sammanfattning : The study discusses sustainable development of events and the research displays that this is often connected to mega events or the work of specific destinations. The events Eurovision Song Contest and the Ice Hockey World Championships are therefore chosen because of their size, impact in both media and visitors and the lack of theory regarding their sustainability. LÄS MER
5. News framing in different language versions of state-sponsored international media : A case of Russian and English versions in RT and Radio LibertyMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : The current paper examines the dissimilarities that have occurred in news framing by state-sponsored news outlets in their different language versions. The comparative framing analysis is conducted on the news coverage of the Russian intervention in Syria (2016) in RT and Radio Liberty in Russian and English languages. LÄS MER