Sökning: "legal norms"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 353 uppsatser innehållade orden legal norms.
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This paper seeks to understand policy in the City of New York which limits cooperation with federal authorities for purposes of immigration control. It does so by qualitatively analyzing a set of legal-administrative documents. The key, policy features are identified along with the interests and forces which shaped those features over time. LÄS MER
2. The Discourse of Violence, Persecution of Sexual Culture and Criminal Convictions of SadomasochismMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Development Studies; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Social Studies of Gender
Sammanfattning : How sexual consent is evidence and operationalised in criminal courts affect not only sexual rights but also the implementation of social justice. While sexual consent is regarded as a protocol of agreement in vernacular practices, the legal definition is seemingly more complicated than a mutual agreement. LÄS MER
3. An Exploration of the American Justice System through the Trial of Tom Robinson : A New Historicist Analysis of Harper Lee's To Kill a MockingbirdKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : Adding something new to the understanding of To Kill a Mockingbird (1960), which is considered a twentieth-century classic, would be nearly impossible if not for the outlook of new historicism. Through a new historicist analysis of Harper Lee’s literary text parallel to non-fictional texts relating to the American justice system and civil rights, this essay explores how race affects U. LÄS MER
4. The Chilean Old-Age Pension System in Light of International Human Rights Law and the Inter-American Jurisprudence on the Right to Social SecurityMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : In the early 1980s, during the darkest years of Pinochet’s dictatorship, an apparently innocuous but radical decision was made: to implement an old-age pension system based on individual accounts mandatorily administered by private for-profit entities called ‘pension fund administrators’ (‘AFPs’, by its acronym in Castilian), in which the workers’ social security regarding old-age pensions was in practice totally dependent on their individual saving capacity during their working life. This was a completely novel system at that time, even at the international level, and part of a package of reforms allegedly directed to refound and modernise the country, deeply transforming the functions of the State and the role of the private sector, and causing a multiplicity of consequences felt until today in all possible areas of society and where, of course, human rights are no exception. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Rättssociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Every year 125 000 tons of food is thrown away by Swedish grocery stores. A lot of this food is still eatable and this has caused people to go out at night to take the food for themselves straight from the dumpster. This is called dumpster diving. LÄS MER