Sökning: "liberal intergovernmentalism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden liberal intergovernmentalism.
1. Sharing Responsibility or Protecting Borders? : A Qualitative Analysis of the Development of the Common European Asylum SystemMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Building on three theories of European integration – liberal intergovernmentalism, neofunctionalism and postfunctionalism – I offer an explanation to the process and outcomes of the development of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) between 2008 and 2018. The process to establish the CEAS has been characterized by clashing actor preferences, which forced actors into negotiations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to investigate decision-making and policy implementation in the European Union, specifically regarding the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and to compare how the political intention corresponds to the reality of its implementation, using the example of Greece. Europe’s ability to handle migration and refugee flows has been severely tested in recent years due to the large number of people fleeing wars in Central Asia and the Middle East. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union initiated the Permanent Structural Cooperation (PESCO) in december 2017, which is a security and defence strategy based on the Treaty on European Union, in which 25 of the 28 union member-states participate in. It is a step towards deeper European integration for the EU-countries, which aims to bring together the national armed forces as a united power. LÄS MER
4. Of Funds and Values: The Rule of Law conditionality: A politicization of the European Union Cohesion Policy?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : This research looks at if the Cohesion Policy is politicized, by looking at the newly proposed Rule of Law conditionality attached to funding, and what this signifies for European Integration. As the conditionality adds to the fold of an ever-increasing amount of internal EU conditionality attached to EU funding since 2014, this paper re-tools Schimmelfennig and Sedelmeier’s external incentive model, and finds that there is a politicization of the Cohesion Policy. LÄS MER
5. European integration in the field of counterterrorism : Can traditional integration theories explain the measures taken to combat the new threats facing Europe?Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : European integration has been a widely discussed topic within political science since the creation of the EU. In recent years, signs of disintegration have been observed due to widespread euroscepticism, major crises and public discontent. LÄS MER