Sökning: "liberal intergovernmentalism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 39 uppsatser innehållade orden liberal intergovernmentalism.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper is to describe the self-perception of the European Commission in terms of ideas portrayed in text of Political Guidelines formulated by three different Presidencies. The thesis analyses the Political Guidelines as formulated by three different European Commission Presidents; José Manuel Barrosso, Jean-Claude Juncker and Ursula von der Leyen. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : The European migrant crisis showed how fragile the external borders of Europe were. In December 2015 the European Commission put forward a proposal to reinforce the current border agency, Frontex, to become the European Border and Coast Guard Agency to manage EUs external borders. LÄS MER
3. Sharing Responsibility or Protecting Borders? : A Qualitative Analysis of the Development of the Common European Asylum SystemMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Building on three theories of European integration – liberal intergovernmentalism, neofunctionalism and postfunctionalism – I offer an explanation to the process and outcomes of the development of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) between 2008 and 2018. The process to establish the CEAS has been characterized by clashing actor preferences, which forced actors into negotiations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to investigate decision-making and policy implementation in the European Union, specifically regarding the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and to compare how the political intention corresponds to the reality of its implementation, using the example of Greece. Europe’s ability to handle migration and refugee flows has been severely tested in recent years due to the large number of people fleeing wars in Central Asia and the Middle East. LÄS MER
5. Still a stronghold of welfare governance? A Critical Reading of the EU’s Educational Policy in a Neoliberal EraKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : In the last decades, the EU’s policy on education has become increasingly geared towards serving the economy. While some have been quick to label these changes as neoliberal, this is not such an obvious analysis considering that European education systems are still well-known for their welfare governance. LÄS MER