Sökning: "long-term buy and- hold-abnormal return"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden long-term buy and- hold-abnormal return.
1. The Effect of Terminated Bids in Mergers & Acquisitions - A study on the effect of terminated bids’ buy-and-hold abnormal returns in a short- and long-term perspective on the European market 1990-2015Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to examine the target firm’s abnormal returns in two aspects; short-term and long-term after a bid gets terminated for different categorizations and payment methods. The approach is the buy-and hold abnormal returns presented by Barber & Lyon (1997). LÄS MER
2. Stock Performance Differences in Swedish Life Science Companies with or without Research-based Science Park AffiliationMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Stock Performance Differences in Swedish Life Science Companies with or without Research-based Science Park Affiliation Seminar date 2018-06-01 Course BUSN 79 Business Administration: Degree Project in Accounting and Finance - Master Level, 15 ECTS Authors: Eric Isacsson and Liana Trichkova Advisor: Håkan Jankensgård Key words: Science park affiliation, university ownership, life science, long-term buyand- hold-abnormal return, short-term cumulative abnormal return. Purpose: The purpose of the study is to investigate if there is a difference in the publicly traded stock performance of science park affiliated and non-affiliated life science firms. LÄS MER
3. Do Mergers and Acquisitions Create Value for Acquirers? Short- and Long-Term Event Study on the Pharmaceutical Industry of EuropeMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the short- and long-term event study methodology are applied in order to assess whether M&As, in the pharmaceutical industry, create any abnormal return for the acquirer. The majority of the previous research finds a negative abnormal return but the short-term event study seems to generate slightly positive abnormal returns outside the U. LÄS MER
4. Hit or miss? - Do acquisitions create value for the acquiring company’s shareholders? A long-term event study on acquisitions performed by Swedish IT companies.Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this paper, we investigate the long-term post-event stock return performance of companies operating in the IT sector and listed on NASDAQ Stockholm by using 78 mergers and acquisitions deals performed in the 2009 – 2013 period. We apply the event study methodology, focusing on the buy-and-hold abnormal returns approach. LÄS MER
5. Environmental, Social and Governance Aspects Impact on Financial Performance : An event study on ESG improvementMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, FöretagsekonomiHögskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Economics, Finance and Statistics
Sammanfattning : During the past decade, corporate transparency has become a fundamental value and strong signifier in today’s business environment. Today, companies must reveal more Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) information about their operations than ever. LÄS MER