Sökning: "low- and high-status"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 uppsatser innehållade orden low- and high-status.
1. Materialitet som aktant. Stonehenge, Mossen och Lindholm Høje - tre exempel på aktanter för liminalitet och begravningspraktik i tre olika tidsperioderMaster-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : The purpose is to examine three materialities: Stonehenge, bogs (represented by Gullåkra, Rævmose, Aukamper Moor) and stone ships at Lindholm Høje. By focusing on their actantial function in relation to liminality and burial practises, the study aims at contributing with new interpretations of materiality, actants and liminality. LÄS MER
2. Häxor, drottningar, slavinnor och andra kvinnor i Niya : En studie av kvinnans status utifrån Kharosthi-dokument och arkeologiska gravfynd i NiyaMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : Once upon a time there was an oasis kingdom called Kroraina. It was situated in what is today the Xinjiang-region in China. In 1901 approximately one thousand Kharosthi documents was discovered under the sand in the ruins of the ancient lost city of Niya, Kroraina. LÄS MER
3. Lived Experiences of a High-Status Language in a Low-Status Medium : Swedish Bilingual Students’ Investment in English Mother Tongue InstructionMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för språkdidaktik
Sammanfattning : Sweden is one of few countries offering mother tongue instruction (MTI) to students in compulsory education with a native language other than Swedish. Traditionally research has focussed on the benefits of MTI as a space for the development of minority languages despite the logistical and ideological hindrances in execution that have resulted in the subject’s low status. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In contrast to the peripheral role of mother tongue as a subject in Sweden, English has retained an elevated position. Together with Swedish, English is characterized as being crucial to Swedish society, positioning both languages at the top of the linguistic hierarchy. LÄS MER
5. Lika inför Gud, eller? : En osteologisk analys av nio individer från medeltida S:t Hans kyrkoruin i VisbyKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : This bachelor thesis deals with the correlation between social status and health at the medieval church ruin S:t Hans in Visby. Osteological analysis has been performed on nine adult individuals from the site of S:t Hans. The material was obtained at Gotlands Museum and has diary number 7498/89. LÄS MER