Sökning: "methane CH4"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 86 uppsatser innehållade orden methane CH4.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : Methane (CH4) and carbon dioxide (CO2) are two greenhouse gases and main drivers of global climate change. Lakes are known to be a source of CH4 and CO2 to the atmosphere. While the importance of these emissions is clear, their magnitudes and regulation are still uncertain due to the scarcity of flux measurement data from lakes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The northern permafrost regions are experiencing a rapid warming as surface temperatures are rising, causing a disintegration of permafrost and a deepening of the active layer (AL). This releases previously frozen carbon, making it available for decomposition by microbes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Inland waters are important systems for transforming, storing and transporting carbon along the aquatic continuum, but also by emitting carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) to the atmosphere. In light of the last decades observed increase in dissolved organic carbon (DOC) in many inland waters across the northern hemisphere, a logical question arise whether other aquatic carbon species display similar trends. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : The Brazilian sugarcane and ethanol industries produce lot of waste which has potential for energy production. Anaerobic digestion (AD) can be effectively utilized for producing biogas from these wastes. LÄS MER
5. Spatial variation in GHG emissions from drained organic forest soils : implications for Swedish UNFCCC reportingMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Soil and Environment
Sammanfattning : Drainage of organic soils for forestry generally increases soil CO2 and N2O emissions but decreases CH4 emissions. Under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) countries provide annual national inventories of anthropogenic greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals, which includes emissions of GHGs from drained organic forest soil. LÄS MER