Sökning: "microbial ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden microbial ecology.
1. Effects of nitrogen quality and quantity on weed-crop competition : a greenhouse experiment with Avena sativa and Avena fatuaUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Crop Production Ecology
Sammanfattning : The intensification of agricultural activities has provided unprecedented increases in crop production. In the light of this development concerns have been raised about its negative environmental impact. High-input farm management has further reduced the weed diversity and shaped weed communities to consist of a few highly competitive weed species. LÄS MER
2. Coral Fungia fungites- associated microbial communities and their shifts upon anthropogenic disturbancesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/LimnologiUppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : One of the main focus of coral reef ecology has been to shed light on the importance of all microbial members of coral holobiont and how their interactions contribute to the coral’s resilience. However, knowledge is lacking about the composition of microbial communities inhabiting the surface mucus layer of corals including Fungia fungites, a species that lives under stressful conditions close to fish farms in Vietnam. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : The human body consists of about 10 times as many bacteria as our own body cells. Only the gastrointestinal tract can hold up to 400 different bacterial species, where the majority of the bacteria are concentrated to the large intestines. LÄS MER
4. Which Microbes Treat Our Wastewater? - A Study into the Microbial Community Structure of Activated Sludge at a Full-Scale Wastewater Treatment Plant for Varying Solids Retention TimeH-uppsats, Chalmers tekniska högskola/Institutionen för bygg- och miljöteknik
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Rhizosphere Priming and Methane Oxidation in Agricultural Soil - Effect of Land Use on Atmospheric Concentrations of CO2 and CH4 and Climate ChangeKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : Rhizosphere interactions have high influence on the fluxes of carbon to and from terrestrial ecosystems. One very important part of the rhizosphere interactions is the rhizosphere priming effect (RPE) which is defined as changes in the decomposition rate of soil organic matter (SOM) in response to labile organic carbon input from plant roots. LÄS MER