Sökning: "mire catchment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden mire catchment.
1. Dissolved organic carbon (DOC) : Differences in reactivity amongst water sources to boreal streams in SwedenKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The importance of dissolved organic carbon (DOC) to aquatic environments is well established in the scientific community. In boreal landscapes, small streams receive water from headwater lakes, mires, and discrete flow paths that drain riparian soils. LÄS MER
2. Landscape factors related to performance of in-situ sensors for prediction of total phosphorus : a statistical analysis of data from 194 streams in SwedenMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : Accurate monitoring data of phosphorus concentrations in the water will benefit the evaluation of measures taken to reduce the problems of eutrophication. Today, the quantification of phosphorus loads from diffuse sources involves large uncertainties. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : Since the beginning of industrialization, emissions of mercury (Hg) from human activities in excess of natural levels have increased depo-sition rates to ecosystems, storage in soils and loading to aquatic envi-ronments. Toxicity to animals, subject to this accumulation, as well as to humans consuming them, are the major concerns driving research on this subject. LÄS MER
4. Temporal trends in mercury, methylated mercury and their relation to dissolved organic carbon : simulation with the Riparian Integration Flow-Concentration ModelMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : Mercury (Hg) and methylated mercury (MeHg) are major environmental pollutants in boreal regions. Dissolved organic carbon (DOC) has been established by a number of studies to be a key vector in the mobilisation of terrestrial Hg and MeHg to aquatic environments where Hg and MeHg can then enter the food chain. LÄS MER
5. Soil organic carbon pools of the Torneträsk catchment area : The importance of soil depth and stone and boulder content for carbon inventories in formerly glaciated subarctic soilsKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : High latitude soils are estimated to store a considerable part of the global pool of soil organic carbon (SOC). Studies of global and regional SOC pools have estimated total inventories in northern Sweden’s subarctic region to fall within 10-50 kg m-2. LÄS MER