Sökning: "modern slavery"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 uppsatser innehållade orden modern slavery.
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan för mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : This paper will strive to obtain an understanding for sex trafficking in India, underlying reasons for it and solutions to it. The study includes a case study of STOP, an organization working against sex trafficking in India. LÄS MER
2. INSTITUTIONAL QUALITY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN THE WAKE OF NATURAL DISASTERS A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the impacts of Natural Disasters on the level of Human TraffickingMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The form of modern-day slavery of human trafficking has been increasingly seen as a serious risk associated with environmental problems. The number of trafficked women and children wereseen as a reporting trend in the context of natural disasters, and is estimated to increase asdisasters will be more severe and frequent in the near future. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Human trafficking is the fastest growing and the third largest transnational crime. It is driven by the demand for commercial sexual services and cheap labour, and the ample supply of vulnerable people to exploit together with a prevailing system of impunity makes it a highly profitable crime. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och didaktik
Sammanfattning : Slavery is a concept which is usually related to historically, however this issue continues today through a number of different forms of exploitation and can be referred to as modern day slavery. Within earlier research education is discussed as a method to alleviate modern day slavery, through access to education and through awareness. LÄS MER
5. Shopping for a better world - whether supply chain transparency can assure clarity within the pursuit of goods untainted by intolerable practicesUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : As legislators in recent years have adopted regulations demanding companies to disclose information on their supply chains, a new chapter of corporate transparency has been opened. However, what power such regulations have to initiate a change of corporate behaviour is questionable. LÄS MER