Sökning: "municipal solid waste"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 133 uppsatser innehållade orden municipal solid waste.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljövetenskaplig utbildning
Sammanfattning : The aim of this bachelor thesis was to investigate whether or not Bäljane stream is a possible recipient for treated leachate from a Swedish municipal solid waste plant. This report will see how the current environmental status is in the river and how it will be affected in the future if emissions of treated leachate occur. LÄS MER
2. Municipal Solid Waste Management in Informal Settlements – A multiple-case study of challenges and possibilities in the favelas and informal sector of Rio de Janeiro cityUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Miljö- och energisystem
Sammanfattning : Today, about one billion people in the world live in informal settlements and lack access to basic services and city infrastructure. In Rio de Janeiro, approximately 1,4 million people, one fourth of the city population, live in informal settlements, in Brazil called favelas. LÄS MER
3. Multi-criteria assessment of biomethane production from waste and residual feedstocks of Emilia-Romagna (Italy)Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Energy and Technology
Sammanfattning : Biomethane can be produced by anaerobic digestion of residues or wastes and it can be used as a renewable fuel for transport. It is associated with reduced GHG emissions, offsetting of fossil fuels and of mineral fertilizers, waste management and nutrient recycling in agriculture. LÄS MER
4. The livelihoods of municipal solid waste workers – sustainable or a vicious cycle of debt and vulnerability? : A case study in Babati, TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete; Södertörns högskola/Utveckling och internationellt samarbete
Sammanfattning : This essay examines sanitation workers who work with solid waste management and analyses their ability to create a sustainable livelihood based on livelihood assets and strategies. The study was undertaken in Babati, Tanzania and a qualitative method was applied, consisting of interviews and observations. LÄS MER
5. Differences between urban and landfill citizens in the An Giang province of Vietnam : - a field study about landfilling & solid waste managementKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för biologi och miljö (BOM)
Sammanfattning : Landfilling is the most common treatment of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) in the An Giang province in south Vietnam. Many of the landfills are not sanitary and can be harmful to the environment and the residents, especially those who live within the settled distance limit of 1000 meters. LÄS MER