Sökning: "narratives about Europe"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 uppsatser innehållade orden narratives about Europe.
1. Re/constructing Teacher Identity in Refugee Education : A Study on National and International Teachers’ Narratives Working in GreeceMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och didaktik
Sammanfattning : The global ‘refugee crisis’ is increasingly affecting Europe and especially Greece, which has been the country through which many people on the move enter Europe. Within refugee education the role of teachers is recognised as the key facilitator of education, yet there are few studies which centre on teachers. LÄS MER
2. National identity construction from non-alignment to Nato membershipKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : How can we understand the historical development of the Swedish national identity construction in terms of non-alignment and internationalism in the media discourse on Nato membership? Since the end of the Cold War, Sweden has been conducting increasing cooperation with Nato, putting its non-alignment and related internationalist identity narrative into question. Starting from the social constructivist assumption that national identity narratives interact with foreign policy through constructing boundaries for possible behavior, I argue that insights about the Swedish advancement towards Nato can be gained from studying how its national identity is constructed in the newspaper debate. LÄS MER
3. Russia's Near AbroadKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This essay combines theoretical insight from critical geo-politics and security studies to create a framework by which Putin’s Russia, his political prescriptions and actions in the international space can better be understood. It describes how the sociospatial entanglement of the post-soviet region that is today known as Russia's ‘near abroad’ intersects with questions about history, identity, ethnicity on the one hand, and security and geo-political anxiety on the other. LÄS MER
4. Monsters versus Humans : A Comparative Study of the Storytelling about Sasquatch and StalloKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : Abstract Elliott, E. 2022. Monsters versus Humans – A Comparative Study of the Storytelling about Sasquatch and Stallo This essay aims to get a deeper knowledge of how indigenous peoples have created discursive narratives to explain and understand the inexplicable occurrences in existence. LÄS MER
5. Investigating the awareness of Decolonial perspectives among undergraduate Sport Science students in the NetherlandsMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen Idrottsvetenskap (IDV)
Sammanfattning : In the world of research, the decolonial perspective is not a field to study but a way of thinking and to exist in the world. This perspective sees the current form of "research" as something linked to European imperialism and colonialism in history that, until this day, still overshadows other ways of knowing and creating information (Liebel, 2017). LÄS MER